Last modified: June 2021
Sotomayor IP Consulting, Ltd. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit this website (our
“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from
or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If
you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you
is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to
or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or
provide any information on this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone
number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal
information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by
which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a
problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our
Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing
actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the
resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information but we may maintain it or
associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website
and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to
accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may
be unable to access certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will refuse
cookies, our system will issue cookies when you direct your browser to our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store
information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the
same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also
referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have
visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of
certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including
for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual
obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale
or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar
proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers,
users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account or through a notice
for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and